The Procurement Manager will have the responsibility to manage assigned procurement contract activities from cradle to grave and lead entire projects or assist senior staff in:
- Conducting procurement and strategic sourcing planning activities.
- Issuing bid packages (inclusive of Request for Information (RFI), Request for Quote (RFQ), Conducting Request for Proposal (RFP) to suppliers and contractors, and consistently managing proposals and contracts, along with developing specific standards for bidding and submission.
- Conducting contract negotiations and advising requesters/stakeholders on the commercial basis for supplier/contractor selection.
- Identifying risks throughout contract negotiations and ensuring company is protected.
- Overseeing the formation and issuance of the final contract documents to the selected supplier/contractor.
- Identifying opportunities for cost savings and cost avoidance in order to meet yearly targets set by the company.
- 4-year degree in business or technical discipline; MA/MBA/MS/JD a plus
- C.P.M./CPSM/CPCM preferred but not required
- 5+ years of experience in procurement activities with various industries and interfacing with internal customers/stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to review and interpret commercial terms and conditions.
- Ability to lead procurement contract negotiations and mitigating risk to company.
- Excellent negotiating skills required for one on one negotiations, as well as group negotiations.
- Ability to produce high quality final contract documents.
- Knowledge of best practices in procurement and contracting.
- Ability to work effectively and to collaborate with colleagues and external parties.
- Experience in working with software systems associated with procurement and contracting.
Benefits of working with Greyhound:
- 15 days PTO
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance with COBRA reimbursement
- Short and Long-Term disability coverage
- FSA and HSA
- 401K matching
- Company sponsored training and continuing education, including tuition reimbursement
- Collaborative team environment
Work Authorization: We cannot offer employer sponsorship at this time; candidates must be eligible to work in the US for full-time employment
- Internal Region:Southern
- Location:689942 - Dallas ODC