Bus Wash/Baggage Agent - Night Shift
Greyhound Lines is seeking a customer-oriented Bus Wash/Baggage Agent to join our team. Our buses travel the length and breadth of the US, providing timely and safe passenger service.
The Baggage Agent will perform activities in accordance with company standards to accomplish the Company objective of being the lowest cost and best provider of ground transportation by ensuring passenger luggage is loaded and unloaded in a timely, accurate and safe manner.
- Ensuring the safe and accurate loading of buses prior to and/or during passenger loading in such a manner that maximizes space and prevents damage to baggage
- Meets arriving buses to timely and safely remove baggage checked to local destination first to provide prompt delivery to passengers at coach side
- Timely moves unclaimed baggage to claim/sorting areas to ensure prompt sorting and loading on waiting departures
- Accurately identify and release baggage to the passenger with the matching claim check
- Maintain baggage sorting areas (cleanliness and sorting accuracy)
- Directs customers to appropriate areas of the terminal to obtain desired services
- Directs passengers to correct loading gates or areas for departures and connections.
- Ability to handle packages/bags weighing up to 100 lbs
- Ability to work in an outside environment during all seasonal periods
- Clean bus exterior with pressure washer or other equipment provided. May include scrubbing, washing with water and cleaning agents, sweeping, and waxing, and dumping waste tanks
- Clean bus interior and lavatory. May include scrubbing, washing with water and cleaning agents, sweeping, and waxing, and dumping waste tanks
- Sweep and mop baggage compartments
- Restock supplies on bus, including garbage bags, toilet tissues, wet naps, hand sanitizers, etc
- Professionally engage with customers; routinely answer customer questions
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must be available to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- High School or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license required
- Understand and carry out both written and oral instructions
- Reporting to work mentally and physically fit to perform safely, responsibly, productively, and reliably
- Perform physical labor to include lifting, pulling, bending, twisting, stooping, reaching, stretching, and working for extended periods
- Carefully select, mix, and apply cleaning agents appropriate to the task
- Work with and without direct supervision
- Maintain cooperative working relationships using courtesy and respect with others
- Hourly:$13.00 Hourly
- Reference Number:33054
- Internal Region:Western
- Location:860431 - Phoenix
- Category:Customer Service & Monitor
Greyhound Lines, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.