Sr. Data Warehouse Developer
This position is available to fully remote candidates based anywhere in the U.S. Greyhound's corporate office is located in Dallas, TX.
Responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining operational data stores, data warehouses, data marts and analytics architecture to meet the enterprise’s business analysis and reporting needs. This position will work with IT architects and leadership to implement the technical vision for the data and analytics strategy.
- Design and implement a flexible platform for operational data stores, data warehouses, data marts using standard practices as well as documenting the systems of record, data dictionaries and data flow diagrams as well as other artifacts for strategic data management.
- Collaborate with business owners and IT leadership in gathering of business requirements and creating architectural designs.
- Design, develop, and support new and existing ETL processes primarily using SSIS, employing industry standards and best practices to optimize loading and transformation of data from various technologies and techniques in disparate source and destination systems.
- Implementing the data strategy according to the organization’s business requirements in the application and consumption of information from the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) or from other suitable source systems.
- Documenting technical design for ETL processes and databases, and ensuring optimal technologies are utilized as well as building and implementing according to plan.
- Delivering large data integration projects that require leveraging best practices expertise and experience in implementation; as well as effective technology know-how, including expert knowledge in data warehouse, star-schema design, snowflake schema design, slowly changing dimensions and effective dating of data to be able to analyze data at various points in time.
- Must be able to perform various complex assignments with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration, or equivalent experience and formal training.
- Three years or more experience performing data warehouse architecture, development and management
- Extensive experience with SQL Server and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Experience developing code, testing for quality assurance, administering RDBMS, and monitoring of database
- Proficiency in dimensional modeling techniques and their applications
- Strong analytical, consultative, and communication skills; as well as the ability to use good judgment and work with both technical and business personnel
- Experience working with one or more analytics and reporting tools such as Tableau, Hana, Power-BI and SQL Server Reporting Services
- Experience with Microsoft Azure
- Experience with Snowflake Data Warehouse would be helpful
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Ability to articulate and facilitate ideas, approach, concepts, options, risk, impact, and recommendations to technical, non-technical, and leadership audiences.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Must possess outstanding business acumen, and a sound understanding of industry standards.
- Must be highly organized, motivated, and capable of working with minimum supervision.
- Ability to mentor technical leads and coworkers in a domain or technical area.
- Ability to provide expert technical and thought leadership in an application suite.
- Outstanding leadership skills including partnering, consensus building and influencing.
- Advanced knowledge of project management methodology and principles.
- Outstanding understanding of business process and business rules for a portfolio.
- Expert knowledge of computer or network systems hardware, and software theory, emerging practices / concepts, and technology relevant to organizational / portfolio vision.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-based, customer-service focused environment.
Benefits of Working with Greyhound:
- Vacation time based off entire career experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance with COBRA reimbursement
- Short and Long-Term disability coverage
- FSA and HSA
- 401K matching
- Company sponsored training and continuing education, including tuition reimbursement
- Collaborative team environment
Work Authorization: We cannot offer employer sponsorship at this time; candidates must be eligible to work in the US for full-time employment.
- Annual:$0 - $115,000 Annual
- Reference Number:32757
- Internal Region:Southern
- Location:689942 - Dallas ODC