Position is responsible to assist in the managing, controlling, and coordinating the monthly financial closing process for Greyhound, Lines, Inc. and affiliates. This position prepares a broad range of reports, analysis, and journal entries and understands the underlying concepts, laws, contracts and processes. Ensures that the Company establishes and adheres to a proper control environment over assigned assets including the reconciliation and review of assigned dollar balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare and record journal entries for monthly closings.
- Analyze account and resolve outstanding items on account reconciliations.
- Research and/or correct P&L variance to support month-end process.
- Support external audit requests including coordination with other departments and review document submitted.
- Provide assistance to Internal Audit.
- Interface with Operational Accounting groups within Greyhound to resolve accounting issues and properly record transactions in the Company’s financial statements.
- Full charge accountant for assigned area
- Support leasing arrangement including AP setup.
- Special projects as assigned by Senior Manager and/or Controller
- Other duties as assigned
- BA/BS in Accounting.
- 5+ years experience.
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred, MBA a plus
- Technically and analytically proficient with GAAP.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Detailed oriented and deadline driven. Well organized.
- Supervisory background or capability. Able to assess workload, train accountants, delegate lesser tasks, while remaining hands-on with functional responsibilities.
- Full charge accounting cycle experience with monthly closings, account analysis, reconciliation and reporting.
- JD Edwards or similar systems background. Windows, spreadsheet and word processing skills required.
- Hyperion Essbase experience preferred
- Experience in process improvement including automation to improve efficiency
- Reference Number:33077
- Internal Region:Southern
- Location:689942 - Dallas ODC
Greyhound Lines, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.